Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kalmia Club

Colette Sexton, "Kalmia Club", Oil on Canvas (on stretcher, attached to poster board.) This is on the larger board, 18 x 28".

This is an original one-of-a-kind Sexton. This is Not a print. Invest in this incredible piece.

Thanks Colette for this generous donation. A wonderful winter painting of the Kalmia Club near the Mary Sheridan Park here in Lambertville.

Artist Statement:

The inspiration behind my recent paintings was instilled during my formative years growing up in Bucks County.

After traveling extensively throughout the United States and Europe in addition to studying and living in various places, I have returned to my home locale and made its landscape the subject of my creative focus.

Even though my childhood suburban landscape was void of stimulation, the original 200-year-old farmhouse situated in the center of my neighborhood inspired me to explore the history of this region. I am intrigued with the many historic towns with their richly layered diverse architecture. And although my painting technique is contemporary, I have been inspired by the romanticized and sensitive use of light by the early American landscape painters specifically George Innes.

The Colette Sexton Gallery, 32 Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ 08530 609-397-4022

Visit Colette's site:

www.colettesextongallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment